Approach with caution!
Unfortunately, we can’t do much but to advise against even trying PlayAmo Casino. The main reason for this warning being that PlayAmo uses the SoftSwiss platform on their website.
SoftSwiss provides white-label casinos to EVERYONE, who are willing to pay for it.
SoftSwiss don’t do continuous check-ups on their white-label partners, and that leaves the partners with way too much freedom to do exactly what they want, and hide completely anonymously.
Out of all the SoftSwiss casinos on the market, we solely and exclusively recommend BitStarz, because they use their own (very) capable customer support. All the other white-labels use a customer support which SoftSwiss is actually behind – and this kind of SoftSwiss customer support is definitely not known for their good customer service, and are in general lacking an understanding of how to have dialogues with their players.
We have found some good examples and put together a list where SoftSwiss casinos have behaved unethical, since there’s so many cases to be found of SoftSwiss white-label casino owners not being honest and upright.
- Changed their terms and conditions, AFTER a player had won over 15.000 EUR, so the country from where the player was from no longer was supported by the casino. Fortunately for us and the player, it was rather quickly revealed as a hoax, because the player had been smart enough to screenshot the terms and conditions both before and after his win.
- Complicated rules regarding bonus-ratio, where a player wasn’t allowed to change his stake whilst playing with a bonus. The casino’s ratio is 50%, and that resulted in the customer not being allowed to bet 1 EUR per spin, because he had previously done a 2 EUR spin.
- SoftSwiss casinos deposit their affiliate partner’s commision/salary into an actual betting account, where the affiliate has to withdraw his commision by himself. An affiliate partner of a SoftSwiss casino earned more than 11.000 EUR, but instead of withdrawing straight away he chose to try his luck on a slotgame – and won big. While the withdrawal process was pending though, the casino changed their terms and conditions so that affiliate partners wasn’t allowed to use their commision for gambling. (Which is downright oppesite of the standard process when commision is being paid into a betting account)
- All SoftSwiss white-label casinos have ongoing complaints online, regarding confiscation of big winnings – and most of them don’t turn out in the players favour, because of the unfair and unethical terms and conditions that the casinos use.
- Customer support at nearly all the SoftSwiss casinos are actually the same persons, and yet they still refuse to have any knowledge about the other casinos with SoftSwiss platforms. They will only respond to any questions whatsoever, about the casino you are contacting them through.
- All the white-labels are supported by SoftSwiss license, driven under the company name Direx N.V, who has their license jurisdiction in Antillephone N.V (Curacao) and they are not helpful, should you need them regarding a complaint or anything like it.
- Several SoftSwiss casinos market themselves as being recommended by official casino-guides (like LetzGamble.com), and that they fulfil and meet essential requirements – which they don’t!
It has come to our attention, that many of these casinos are being run by the same white-label owner, and they don’t have any intentions of offering fair play any time in the future.
Because of this anonymity and suspect behavior from their (lying and decieving) customer support, we can only advise EVERYONE against playing at a casino backed by Direx N.V, which PlayAmo in this case is.
Even though you might have tried withdrawing succesfully through one of these casinos, we still warn you – if you ever happen to win a big prize, lots of trouble will follow and it never ends happily for the players.
Please check out our 100% trusted casinos segment instead.
LetzGamble.com can’t recommend this Casino, as it is a BLACKLISTED CASINO